New Member Orientation
Presented by Lion Alan Ford
To help the new Lions Club members get acquainted with the history and service mission of Lions, we are hosting an orientation program.
Here's a preview of some of the things we'll be learning:
- The founder of Lionism, Melvin Jones, and his story and vision about the club
- The specific projects that Lions align with - sight preservation, leadership, youth programs, diabetes prevention, literacy and community enrichment
- The impact of Lionism worldwide
- The history of the Founder Club, its story, its community achievements, and its future focus here in Austin
- The local scholarship, fund raising, and service projects and work we support in our community
- How you can get actively involved with serving the community through your local club
All members welcome - if you've never been to an orientation or would like a refresher on the history and mission of Lionism, you are invited to register and attend.
Breakfast tacos and lunch will be provided, so we will need an accurate headcount - please register no later than Thursday, March 24th if possible.
You are welcome to come even if you do not preregister, as we'd rather have you there than not.
Map to location: TSA Building
If you have any questions, you can contact Lion Alan Ford at 512-217-5550