Creating Top Market Value for your Business
July 9, 2015
Introduced by Lion Carl Mehlman
• How are the market values of businesses established?
• How does an owner create value for their business?
• When should an owner begin preparing their business for market?
• How do you handle the process of selling your business?
• What is the most important step in selling your business?
• How long will the process take?
Don has spent the past thirteen years negotiating, constructing, and completing business transactions as well as oil and gas projects.
Don is a partner along with Carl Mehlman in Commerce Business Advisors. Their specialty of Commerce Business Group is buying and selling businesses for clients and through an advisory service assisting good businesses become great companies.
Don is uniquely qualified to construct the most successful transaction because of his experience of over 20 years as an attorney representing businesses and business owners in routine and complex business issues. This experience enables Commerce Business Advisors provide parties to a transaction to address issues the parties may not have envisioned.
Don’s experience as a business broker and business advisor for the past 13 years enables him to assess a business and provide guidance on value, structure of the deal and other important components necessary to allow the client to enjoy the greatest return.
- BBA-University of North Texas: J.D. University of Texas
- City Attorney
- Work experience: business and trial attorney; State of Texas trial judge;
- College instructor
- Business Broker
- Mortgage Broker
Don is also active in the community of Austin.
- Don serves on the Board of Directors of Busby Foundation named after his son, Darrell “Bo” Busby, who died in December 2006 from ALS. The Foundation was created to assist families in Central Texas struggling with the challenges of ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
- Don is also a member of the ’President’s Advisory Committee of the Austin Chamber of Commerce and a member of Texas Association of Business Brokers and the International Association of Business Brokers.
- Don served twelve years on the Board of Directors of a central Texas junior college including two years as president of the Board, originator of Youth Services Bureau and Children Advocacy Center of Central Texas, a member of the Governor’s Criminal Justice Commission and numerous church, community and charitable related organizations.
Featured Lunch Menu:
Toffee Crunch Pie
Ice Tea & Coffee
Please register by 5 p.m. on Tuesday
We order meals based on your reservations and must pay for them even if you do not show up. Please keep this in mind if your plans shift and cancel your reservation so we can adjust the headcount.