Lewis Timberlake’s credentials match his reputation as a “Specialist in Success”. A native of Stamford, Texas, Lewis entered the life insurance business at the age of 24. He quickly became a million-dollar-a-year salesperson and within seven years, was president of that company. During the first three years of his presidency, his company’s sales increased 1,100% and grew to be in the top 10% of all companies in Texas.
At the ripe old age of 37, Lewis resigned from this position to devote his time to helping others through seminars, speeches, and training programs that, today, are being used by industries, groups and individuals for personal and corporate skills training. Lewis regularly appears as visiting lecturer or management consultant for many of this nation’s largest corporations.
One of the most impressive testimonies to Lewis’ abilities is the numerous times he is invited back by some of the country’s most successful corporations. A few examples of corporations who have Lewis speak several times a year:
- IBM… FOR 22 YEARS
- GTE… For 21 YEARS
- McLANE CORP… FOR 20 YEARS
- IMS… FOR 10 YEARS
- MBNA…. FOR 20 YEARS… and the list goes on and on
Perhaps a speaker’s reputation should be based on the leadership he has demonstrated in civic, religious, social, and political organizations. Lewis has already succeeded as:
- State Campaign Manager for two men who successfully campaigned to become Gov. of the State of Texas
- Vice President of Texas Baptist Men
- President of Texas Law Enforcement and Youth Development Foundation
- President of the Texas Historical Association
- Citizen member of the Texas Bank Depository Board
- Chairman of the Texas State Commission for the Blind
- President of Texas Jaycees
- Vice- President of the U.S. Jaycees… and that list goes on and on and on.
Among the many honors Lewis has received are:
- Outstanding Young Men of the United States
- The Texas Society for the Prevention of Blindness’ Man of Vision
- Who’s Who in the South and Southwest
- One of the Five Outstanding Young Texans
- The National Jaycees “Hall of Leadership”
- International Who’s Who of Intellectuals
- Leading Men in America
- The Institute for Management Studies – Distinguished Faculty Award… (and that list goes on and on...)
Perhaps his most treasured award came from his peers - members of the National Speakers’ Association – when they bestowed upon him the coveted C.P.A.E and elected him into the National Speaker’s Hall of Fame!
Lewis has been quite successful as an author as well. He has two books in print: Born to Win (in its 21st printing) and It’s Always Too Soon To Quit, his newest.